Saturday, December 27, 2008

Barley, Mini-Muffins, Grandson


This is a picture of our youngest grandson, Aaron. He's three, and he is a sweet and very happy child.


I cooked a box of Barley for us. I put half of it in zip bags for Montana, and saved the other half for us. We all had it for dinner yesterday. I put a little bit of soy sauce on mine and Arnie put Italian dressing on his. Montana, of course, had his plain.


Wednesday, I made Applesauce mini-muffins. Very easy and very, very tasty.


Applesauce Mini-Muffins


  • 1/2 cup oil

  • 3/4 cup sugar (or brown sugar)

  • 1 cup applesauce

  • 1 1/2 cups unsifted whole wheat flour

  • 1 tsp baking soda

  • 1 tsp cinnamon

Cream oil and sugar together, mix in applesauce and baking soda. Add flour and cinnamon, blending thoroughly. Line mini-muffin tin with papers (or oil and flour). Pour batter into tins. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.


These went awfully fast, so I'm going to bake another batch today. I was thinking about doubling the cinnamon. I'm also going to bake a batch for Montana, leaving out the sugar and increasing the cinnamon.




No comments:

Post a Comment