Monday, November 24, 2008

What a Mess

Yesterday, I made a great recipe called Beefy Grain-Free Treats. You use:
  1. 1/2 pound ground beef--uncooked
  2. 1/4 cup chicken broth
  3. 1/3 cup black beans--drained and mashed
  4. 1/3 cup cottage cheese

Preheat oven to 375. (I also added about 1/4 cup frozen peas.) Mix ground meat and chicken broth in a bowl. Add black beans, peas, and cottage cheese. Mix all of the ingredients together. I made them like hamburger patties. Bake 45 minutes. Let cool.

However, the instructions were to use a cookie sheet. Don't, because all the liquid stuff runs off the cookie sheet and onto the oven door, bottom of the oven, and even into the storage area underneath. When I discovered that was happening, I transferred the doggy burgers to a baking sheet.

I didn't taste them, but of course Montana loves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment