Thursday, November 13, 2008

Delicious Dog Food

I cooked this afternoon, doing too much but I'm glad I did it. I made the oatmeal/egg/cottage cheese cookies, but either the recipe was incorrect or I did something wrong because the mixture wouldn't form into balls. So, I picked up a palm-full and just glopped it onto the cookie sheet. I made seven mounds, baked them, and they came out great. Like a crunchy oatmeal cookie. Montana taste-tested them also, and he agreed that they were tasty.

For the next meal, I concocted my own recipe of cooked brown rice, cooked carrots, cottage cheese, and apple sauce. Montana, of course, approved of this dish quite happily. I thought it was delicious, and we both had some for dinner. It was nice and sweet, for once I made rice that didn't come out like a soggy globby mess, and I used organic carrots.

With these two dishes I have enough to feed Montana for a week, plus one more bowl left over of the rice mixture for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment